Terms & Conditions
Acceptable use policy
This acceptable use policy sets out what will be deemed acceptable or unacceptable use of EasyPeasy and sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.easypeasyapp.com (our site) or the EasyPeasy app (our app). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site/app.
Your use of our site/app means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms and conditions of use.
Our site/app is operated by Character Counts Limited (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 8977183 and we have our registered office at 145 – 157 St John Street, London, England, EC1V 4PW.
Please note that any views expressed by our users represent their own personal views. We are not responsible for and we do not in any way endorse any views, content or material which is contributed to our site/app by any of our users.
We do not moderate the content or material on our site/app. All content and material on our
site/app is moderated by our statutory partners, for example local authorities. If you become
aware of content or activity on our app that breaches this acceptable use policy you can report
this to the organisation who provided you with access to our site/app.
You may use our site/app only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site/app:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm any person in any way, including and in particular, minors.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To collect information on others users without prior permission and for purposes outside those of the website and its features and services.
- To place sensitive or confidential information about or belonging to you or any third party including (by way of example only) credit card information, email address, postal address, phone numbers, social security or identification information.
You also agree
Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site/app in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website/app use. Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- Any part of our site/app.
- Any equipment or network on which our site/app is stored.
- Any software used in the provision of our site/app.
- Any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Not to create accounts with the app through unauthorised means, including but not limited to, any automated system or device, script, spider, bot, scraper or crawler.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site/app, including, without limitation:
- Ability to share photos taken in app on social media platforms e.g. facebook
- Ability to comment on app and games in app
- (interactive services).
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site/app, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site/app (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. This includes comments, descriptions, photos or any material or text you upload to the site/app.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Constributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Contain or promote sexually explicit, pornographic, nude or partially nude material.
- Contain violent material or promote violence.
- Discriminate or promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site/app. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site/app.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site/app.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site/app.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your device.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and apps. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website and apps when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our products work.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website or app. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website or app, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website/app and the advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF WEBSITE AND APP USE
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Terms of website use
Other applicable terms
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of the Services. When using the Services, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Any additional terms, conditions, rules or similar statements on our site/app or any device relating to any of the Services are deemed to be a part of these terms.
Information about us
The Services are operated by Character Counts Limited ("We"). We are limited company registered
in England and Wales with company number 8977183 and have our registered office at 145 – 157 St
John Street, London, England, EC1V 4PW.
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are
binding on you.
Changes to the Services
We do not guarantee that the Services, or any content on it, will be free from errors or
Accessing the Services
To create a account with us you must be at least 18 years old and agree to provide us with certain pieces of personal information including name, age, email address. We reserve the right to refuse any application to create an account in relation to the Services for any reason.
We do not guarantee that the Services, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the Services is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Services without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Services are unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Services.
The Services are directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that
content available on or through the Services is appropriate or available in other locations. We
may limit the availability of the Services or any service or product described on our site/app
to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access the Services from outside
the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
We may include advertisements or promotions on the Services and you hereby agree that we may do
so. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without
specific notice to you.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or
password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
Section 2: App Licence Agreement
If you do not agree to the terms of this licence, we will not license our app to you and you must not use the Services.
We license the use of the our app to you to use on any mobile telephone or handheld devices (Devices) on the basis of these terms and subject to any rules or policies applied by any third party service provider through whom you download or access our app (the “Third Party Rules”).
You will be assumed to have obtained permission from the owners of Devices that are controlled, but not owned, by you and to download or stream a copy of the App onto the Devices. You and they may be charged by your and their service providers for internet access on the Devices. You accept responsibility in accordance with these terms for the use of our app on any Device whether or not it is owned by you.
By using our app or any of the Services you acknowledge and agree that internet transmission are
never completely private or secure. You understand that any message or information you send is
using our app may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a notice that a particular
transmission is to be encrypted.
Grant and scope of licence
- Download or stream a copy of our app onto the Devices and view, use and display our app on the Devices for your personal purposes only; and
- Use any online documents, games or activities produced by us and related to our app (Materials) for your personal purposes only.
App Licence restrictions
Except as expressly set out in these terms or as permitted by any local law, you agree:
- Not to copy our app or Materials except where such copying is incidental to normal use of the Services, or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security.
- Not to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify our app or Materials.
- Not to make alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of our app, or permit our app or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs.
- Not to disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of our app or attempt to do any such thing except to the extent that (by virtue of section 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are essential for the purpose of achieving inter-operability our app with another software program, and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities.
- Is used only for the purpose of achieving inter-operability of our app with another software program.
- Is not unnecessarily disclosed or communicated to any third party without our prior written consent.
- Is not used to create any software that is substantially similar to our app.
- To include our copyright notice on all entire and partial copies you make of our app on any medium.
- Not to provide or otherwise make available our app in whole or in part (including object and source code), in any form to any person without prior written consent from us.
- To comply with all technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by our app.
Section 3: General
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Services, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) of the Services for your personal use and you may draw the attention of other individuals to content posted on our site/app.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of the Services, or the authors of content of the Services must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on the Services for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
right to use the Services will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy
any copies of the materials you have made.
No reliance on information
The content on the Services is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Services.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Services, we make no
representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied that the content on the
Services is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Services or any content on them, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- Use of, or inability to use, the Services; or
- Use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Services.
- If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- Loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- Business interruption;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide the Services for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Services for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Services or to your downloading of any content on them, or on any website linked to them.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Services. Such links should
not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any
loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Uploading content to the Services
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to the Services, or to make contact with other users of the Services, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to the Services will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of the Services a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Services constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of the Services.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on the Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
The views expressed by other users on the Site do not represent our views or values.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not guarantee that the Services will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform in order to access the Services. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the Services by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or
other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain
unauthorised access to the Services, the server on which the Services are stored or any server,
computer or database connected to the Services. You must not attack the Services via a
denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision,
you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such
breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities
by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the
Services will cease immediately.
Linking to the Services
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to the Services in any website that is not owned by you. The Services must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Services other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to make any use of content on the Services other than that set out above, please
Third party links and resources in our site
Where the Services contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Cancellation of your subscription
You may cancel your subscription within fourteen days from the date on which you subscribe (“Cancellation Period”) if we have not already started providing services to you at your request or with your consent. However, should you agree that we may provide you with the Services during the Cancellation Period you acknowledge and agree that you will lose this statutory right to cancel. For the avoidance of doubt, your subscription will start from the date on which you subscribe to the Services. To exercise this right to cancel, you must inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement or by following the instructions in the app.
We reserve the right to terminate or restrict the use of the Services for any reason whatsoever. We have no obligation to give notice if we wish to terminate the Services or any part of them. In addition, if you breach these terms, we have the right to terminate your account and remove you from the Services completely. We will have no obligation to retain or return any content contributed by you on the Services.
If you wish to deactivate your account you may do so at any time by sending a request to email@example.com.
non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Trade Mark UK00003005721 is a UK registered trade mark of Character Counts.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting the Services.